- Course procedures
Classroom procedures: Name:_____________________________
Bonjour! Buon Giorno! Welcome to Exploratory French and Italian. Both le français and l’italiano originated from Latin, and are Romance Languages, like Spanish, Portuguese and Romanian. The pronunciation of each language has its own sound, but the basic structure of the languages are very similar, as you will see. It’s up to you to make a choice of the language you would like to sign up for – remember there is no right or wrong choice. It should be the language that you love to speak, the history and culture that is fun for you and makes you want to learn more.
What do I need to bring to class?
- pencils (no pens), colored pencils, and markers for in class projects.
How will I be graded?
• Quizzes/tests – 50% of grade
• Homework/class participation - 15% of grade
• Quarter project – 20% of grade
• Projects/assignments – 15% of grade
What are the requirements for class?
- Be prepared for class (pencil, Course manual)
- Raise your hand to ask or answer questions.
- Be respectful of your classmates and your teacher.
How can I be successful in French/Italian class?
- To be organized and prepared for class. (bring course manual to class every day.
- To participate in all activities, games, songs, technology and acting.
- To achieve excellence in assignments/projects.
What are the goals for Exploratory French/Italian:
- to get an idea of what the French and Italian language and culture is all about.
- to learn basic conversation, high frequency expressions and gestures assigned to vocabulary and classroom instructions.
- to study geography, greetings, goodbyes, classroom objects, numbers, colors, weather, days, months, seasons, food, holidays, sports and more.
I am available for questions, make-up work or quizzes during lunch or after school. Homework assignments will be written on the board daily and available on my teacher webpage under Assignments.
World Languages Parent signature: _________________________
Tel. ext. 5139