Science - March 24-27
NOTE: Scroll to the bottom to view and download all print materials.
(If you do not have a printer, just write your answers on paper with your name and date. Then put it in your homework folder. Another idea is to use a notebook to write down your answers. Remember to date your page.)
Assignment: Package Engineering
Find a package in your house. Think "outside the box" when choosing your package.
Examine the package.
Watch this video to meet a packaging engineer. Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=POVCe_Plcso
Answer these questions about the function (purpose) of the box you chose:
- Does it contain something (keep something in a space)?
- Does it communicate ideas (give information to someone using it)?
- Does it carry something (hold something while it's being moved)?
- Does it display something (present or show something for people to see)?
- Does it dispense something (release something in a controlled way)?
- Does it preserve something (keep something fresh and clean)?
Create an advertisement for the package you examined. It could be a video, poster, magazine ad, persuasive letter, or more.
Check out the video example of a persuasive tv advertisement that shows the packages (cereal boxes) that contain, communicate, carry, and preserve. Link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KTkfZMsCyHY&feature=emb_logo