- Honors Chemistry
Objective: Study element names and element symbols. Students will utilize the scientific method to carry out an experiment and create a lab report.
1. Warm Up Question of the Day 9/8
2. Lab #1 Scientific Method
3. Getting to Know You
HW- Study Element Symbols 1-20. Finish any work from today or last week that needs to be complete.
WEDNESDAY- Book and note packet pick up 2-5pm at HHS
Objective: Assess math skills. Research careers requiring education in the field of chemistry and develop a want-ad.
1. Warm Up Question of the Day 9/9
2. Scavenger Hunt
3. NOTES: Define Chemistry, discuss classifications of sciences, and major divisions of chemistry.
4. Complete the Math Inventory to assess current math skill and submit on Canvas.
5. Complete your Chemistry Career Want Ad and submit in the SHARED CLASS FOLDER.
HW- Complete your Chemistry Career Want Ad and study element symbols 1-20.
THURSDAY- Book and note packet pick up 2-5pm at HHS
Objective: Convert numbers in and out of scientific notation. Calculate numbers using scientific notation. Assess math skills. Research careers requiring education in the field of chemistry and develop a want-ad.
1. Question of the Day 9/10 then check to see if you can find the shared class folder.
2. Go over Math Inventory.
3. Discuss Scientific Notation. Tutorials are posted on Canvas.
4. Complete Scientific Notation Practice on Canvas and submit.
5. Discuss Scientific Notation Calculations. Tutorials are posted on Canvas.
6. Practice Scientific Notation with Calculations using the worksheet posted on Canvas. Write the answers in your notebook. You will show that notebook page tomorrow morning in class.
HW- Complete Scientific Notation Calculation Practice and study element symbols 1-30. Make sure your Career Want Ad was placed in the shared class folder.
Objectives: Graph data for mass and volume then calculate the slope representing density. Convert metric measurements (Kilo- through milli-).
1. Question of the Day 9/11
2. Move Career Want Ad into the Shared Folder for Block 1.
3. Discuss QOD 9/8 Observation vs Inference and Scientific Method Bubble Labs. Show examples.
4. Check HW. Place all calculated numbers into scientific notation format.
5. Math Inventory- Graphing #10 then take a picture and submit your updated work. This grade will replace the other grade.
6. Notes: Metric Conversions. KHDbdcm
7. Metric Conversions practice (pp 1-2 on Canvas).
NO HW over the weekend as long as you are all caught up on assignments.