I promise when I am writing a report, I will do the following:
- Give the author credit by naming him or her when using or paraphrasing the words or materials written by the author in a report of my own.
- Enclose exact material in quotation marks and include the name of the author in the material.
- Rewrite in my own style and language, when I paraphrase the materials of another.Not simply rearrange the words of another person and claim them as my own.
- Double-check the accuracy of any quotation I use and any citation I make.
- Enclose in brackets words I add or change in a quotation.
- Not change the meaning of words written by another to a different meaning of my own
- Provide an accurate Works Cited page of works I use, showing an alphabetical listing of entries which include the name of the author, the title of the work, place of publication, publisher, copyright date and any other information that is required.
Some of the above information was taken from Robbins, M. (1999), How To Write A Research Report. Westminster, CA: