First Aid and Medical Accomodations
It is the responsibility of the parent to update the school nurse with any medical conditions and/or accommodations as soon as possible so we can inform our chaperones of any alerts as well as prepare the mountain staff and emergency services. Confidentiality will be maintained on a need to know basis.
Our medical chaperone will be responsible for maintaining any medications and will be informed of special conditions that need attention. It is possible that this person may be required to accompany any injured student to the nearest medical facility.
Medical Facilities Near Big Boulder Ski Resort:
Wyoming Valley Geisinger Hospital
1000 E Mountain Blvd, Wilkes-Barre, PA 18711
Pocono Medical Center
206 E Brown St, East Stroudsburg, PA 18301
- A Parent/Guardian will be notified.
- School Principal will be notified.
- One of our chaperones will accompany student to Hospital. (See above address)
- Parents will be asked to immediately provide insurance information.
- Arrangements will be made for transportation home. A chaperone will stay with the injured student until a parent/guardian arrives or until other options have been approved.