May 13, 2019
Dear Eighth Grade Family:
Our annual Eighth Grade Awards Night is scheduled for Tuesday, June 4, 2019 at 6:00 PM in the Haverford Middle School Auditorium.
We will recognize students for the following honorary awards. Information and nomination forms about the awards can be found on the link provided after each award. Please feel free to nominate any student for any of these awards. Nomination forms must be turned in to Mr. Horan on or before Friday, May 24, 2019.
We are also looking forward to recognizing students in teh following categories for their outstanding performance and progress:
- Presidential Award for Educational Excellence – Gold
- Advanced PSSA scores in math & reading and a 93% average for each year in core content subjects
- Presidential Award for Educational Excellence – Silver
- Advanced PSSA scores in math & reading and a 90% average for each year in core content subjects
- Good Citizenship Award – Selected by administrative team
- Academic Awards – Selected by content area faculty
- Social Studies
- Language Arts
- Family & Consumer Sciences
- Physical Education
- Technology Education
- D. Ray Yerger Award - Selected by music faculty
- Scholar Athlete Award - Selected by athletic supervisor and director
Award recipients will receive an invitation to the Eighth Grade Awards Night on Friday, May 31, 2019.
Daniel J. Horan