Camp Canadensis Paperwork
All attachments are in a format that should open on any operating system. However, if you need a paper copy of the documents please contact Mrs. D'Avella in the 6th grade office (x 5560).
- Camp Letter
- Student Contract
- Camp Haverford
- Parental Consent For Medical Treatment
- Camp Packing List with Medication Information
- Medical Form for Extended School Trips
Fees for Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check and Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance will be waived for volunteers. Canadensis chaperones are considered volunteers.
Volunteers may submit an Affidavit in lieu of the FBI check if a Pennsylvania resident for the last ten (10) years.
For those who wish to be a School Volunteer, state law now requires the Pennsylvania Criminal History Record (Act 34), Child Abuse History Clearance (Act 151) and FBI Federal Criminal History Record check and that they be updated every five (5) years in order to continue as a volunteer. Clearances must be less than one year old at the time of submission. Original forms must be brought to the office of the school where you will volunteer and they will be forwarded to the District‘s central administrative offices for review. There is now an alternative to the FBI check if you have resided in Pennsylvania for the last ten years. Please see below for the link to the Affidavit you need to submit.
The process can be initiated online and produces clearances quickly. Please follow the links below for each of the three (3) clearances.
- The Pennsylvania Criminal Record Check can be done online with almost immediate confirmation. Volunteers are no longer required to pay a fee after July 25, 2015.
- Go to https://epatch.state.pa.us and click on “Submit a New Record Check” and follow the instructions. Please select “Volunteer” as the Reason for Request. At the end of the process, please print the certification form as proof of submission.
- The Pennsylvania Child Abuse History Clearance can be completed online for the quickest result.
- Go to https://www.compass.state.pa.us/CWIS . You will create a login for your Keystone ID#. This includes a combination of letters and numbers you create for yourself. A credit card is required for the $10 processing fee.
The FBI Federal Criminal History Record requires a 2-step process including online registration and fingerprinting taken digitally at a registered site. However, if you have been a Pennsylvania resident for the past ten (10) years, and have not been convicted of enumerated offenses, you may submit the Affidavit at this link, in lieu of the FBI fingerprinting check.
- Go to https://www.pa.cogentid.com/index_pdeNew.htm or by phone at 1-888-439-2486 (M-F 8 AM-6 PM) to register. Please be sure to choose the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE) when registering. There is a $27 fee for this clearance which includes an automatic mailed unofficial copy of the results to the applicant.
- Once you have registered, proceed to an approved fingerprinting site to be digitally fingerprinted. A list of approved locations is available on the Cogent website. Please note the UPS Store in Wynnewood is a drop-in site for fingerprints (no appointment required). Your Registration Number starting with “PAE…” must be provided to the school office so your results can be retrieved.
Please bring all clearance documentation in a sealed envelope with your name along with the completed chaperone application to Mrs. D’Avella in the Sixth Grade Office.