Taking Care of your Chromebooks
We're offering this because students and parents are responsible for district-owned technology property that is issued to them, just as they are for other district-owned items such as textbooks, calculators, cameras, athletics equipment or library books.
Students are responsible for the general care of the Chromebook they have been issued by the school.
Chromebooks that are broken or fail to work properly must be taken to the Technology Department located in Mezzanine as soon as possible so that they can be taken care of properly. District owned Chromebooks should never be taken to an outside computer service for any type of repairs or maintenance. Students should never leave their Chromebooks unattended except locked in their hallway locker.
● No food or drink should be next to Chromebooks
● Cords, cables, and removable storage devices must be inserted carefully into Chromebooks
● Chromebooks should not be used with the power cord plugged in when the cord may be a tripping hazard.
● Chromebooks must remain free of any writing, drawing, stickers, and labels.
● Heavy objects should never be placed on top of Chromebooks
● Always transport Chromebooks with care.
● Never lift Chromebooks by the screen.
● Never carry Chromebooks with the screen open.
● The Chromebook screen can be damaged if subjected to heavy objects, rough treatment, some cleaning solvents, and other liquids. The screens are particularly sensitive to damage from excessive pressure.
● Do not put pressure on the top of a Chromebook when it is closed.
● Do not store a Chromebook with the screen open.
● Do not place anything in the protective case that will press against the cover.
● Make sure there is nothing on the keyboard before closing the lid (e.g. pens, pencils, or disks).
● Only clean the screen with a soft, dry microfiber cloth or anti-static cloth.
● All Chromebooks will be labeled with a District tag and should remain at all times
● Tags may not be modified or tampered with in any way.