Chromebook Battery: Power Saving Tips
Tips to Make Your Battery Last
Lower your screen brightness
○ You can adjust it to a comfortable setting that uses less power.
○ Lowering the brightness to about half will increase your battery life substantially
○ When you are not using your Chromebook, put it in standby mode by closing the lid
○ Your websites and other work will still be there when you return, but the screen will turn off and power use will be greatly reduced
○ Upon opening, simply enter your password to jump right back into action!
○ This will save even more battery than standby because it minimizes battery drain to almost nothing.
○ It also only adds about 5 seconds to your log in time so why not?
○ Close out of apps you are not using, it will also make your Chromebook run faster and save power!
○ The more apps you have open, the more power is needed to sustain them, so close them out if you don’t immediately need them
○ This is especially true for online games, youtube and netflix.
○ This isn’t the largest culprit of battery drain, but it does contribute to it
○ Whether you are using the speakers or headphones, keeping the volume down will reduce power output!
○ Do not leave unneeded USB devices plugged in your Chromebook that you are not using. They draw power!
○ Do not leave your Chromebook at extreme high or low temperatures for a long period of time.
○ Also do not leave it in direct sunlight.
MOST IMPORTANTLY: Charge your Chromebook EVERY NIGHT!
○ The best way to make it through the day, is to start it with a full battery!