HHS Weekly Preview
- A new newsletter format coming soon! Easier to read on any device!
- The school was wonderful this week! The students were exhausted from the first few days of class and activities! They did a great job of getting started!
- Check out our Guidance Section below for information about Colleges, Careers, and more! This Thursday evening in Room 126 from 6:30-7:30 PM there will be a Naviance/Common Application Process Student/Parent Presentation. (See below for more).
- Picture retakes will be in October for any underclassmen who missed picture day.
- Please CONTINUE to arrive by 7:20 each day. The traffic is heavy from 7:00-7:30. HHS is the hub for bussing to all private schools too! So we are like an airport between 6:50 and 7:20. Please be at bus stops on time. The buses have a tight schedule each morning.
- Freshmen will receive NEW Chromebooks this Friday during homeroom!
- email@example.com, if you need a change to your parent/guardian email or need PowerSchool assistance.
- There is a HOME football game tonight at 7 PM. The Band and Cheerleaders parade will leave the HHS back lot at 6:40. Livestream: Haverford Athletics Livestream
- Athletics, Clubs, and other extracurricular activities are getting in full swing!
- Back to School Night is on Monday, September 18th beginning at 6 PM and ending at approximately 7:30. (Details will follow in next week's email). 1st Block will begin promptly at 6:00.
1) FBLA Fundraiser-Future Business Leaders of America https://apparelnow.com/
2) HHS Girls Volleyball Team is hosting a CAR WASH fundraiser on Saturday, September 30th from 9am until 3pm at the Oakmont Administration Building. Donations accepted! Join our Facebook page - Haverford High School Girls Volleyball for more information about other fundraisers.
3) Flags are Back
3’x5’ Ford model T style flag $30
3’x5’ Split H style flag $30
Please specify which flag you are ordering in the 3’x 5’ Silk Flag
Garden banners are now available in Spilt H and Model T style. Please specify which flag when ordering. $20 13“ x 18“ pole in picture not included
Venmo to @HaverfordBOYS-Lacrosse. Please include your address for delivery, and which flag you ordered.
Job Board-College and Career Ready at HHS!
Student Job Support:
Please visit our student job board. Here you can find employers looking to hire students right now. Also, there is additional help with resume writing and interviews. You can also schedule a meeting with Mr. Bader in our job center. Please see the link below:
Employers! If you are hiring and want to be featured on our job board please contact Mr. Bader at pbader@
Counselor Information-College and Career Ready at HHS!
THE SATS SCHEDULED FOR 8/26/23 HAS BEEN CANCELLED AND RESCHEDULED FOR 9/23/23 PER THE COLLEGEBOARD.
SAT School Day will be on October 11th during the school day. We offer the SAT once a year at HHS on a NON-Saturday for HHS Students only. Sign-ups will be in late September through Guidance.
PSAT will be offered on OCTOBER 31st for all interested 9-11th Grade College-bound students. More details to come in September. Great way to practice for the SAT/ACT.
HHS School Counselors Present…
Naviance, Common App & How to Navigate the College Application Process
Join HHS Counselors to discuss the Common Application, Naviance and its integration with Common App, college visits, letters of recommendation, and the process of requesting transcripts.
September 14th 6:30-7:30pm in Room 126
College Visits @ HHS Begin on 9/14/23
Students can sign up 24 hours in advance through Naviance to visit with college.
Students must get a pass signed by their teacher to visit during that block. Passes are available in the Counseling office.
PACAC Regional College Fair
Delaware County at PSU Brandywine September 28th 6:30 - 8:00 PM Eastern
Upcoming Specialty Virtual College Fairs
Specialty virtual fairs offer a convenient way to explore post-secondary options. Encourage your students to join recruiters at one or all of these upcoming events:
Live fair hours are 6:30pm - 9:30pm (ET) each date for the following fairs:
Professional Certificates Virtual College Fair - Thursday, September 21, 2023
Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion Virtual College Fair - Wednesday, October 4, 2023
Learning Differences Virtual College Fair - Thursday, October 12, 2023
First-Generation Virtual College Fair - Wednesday, October 25, 2023
September Financial Aid Webinars
Searching for Scholarships and Affording the Balance 9/12 Tuesday Noon OR 9/28 Thursday 6:30pm
There are many ways to pay for education, and one important step is to search and apply for Scholarships. More free money equals less borrowing. This presentation will review the types of options available, along with tips on applying. It will also offer samples of fun scholarship options to get you started. We’ll then review what to do about the balances that might be left over in order to make affordable higher education decisions. Join Linda Pacewicz and Daniel Wray from Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) for an hour of detailed information on this topic.
Financial Aid Timeline – know what to do when 9/14 Thursday Noon OR 9/26 Tuesday 6:30pm
Follow Linda Pacewicz and Dan Wray of Pennsylvania Higher Education Assistance Agency (PHEAA) as they guide you along the exciting (and sometimes bumpy) road to an affordable higher education. The journey will begin before high school and end in the land of education loan repayment – or maybe even education loan forgiveness. One thing is for certain: it’s never too early to start preparing for a successful higher education experience. This 1 hour presentation will provide the starting points and web resources- for effective research before, during and after your student makes postsecondary decisions. Know what to expect and to plan for it is the key. Failing to plan, is planning to fail
UPCOMING COLLEGE VISITS
Thursday, September 14th
Case Western Reserve University
College of Charleston
Lebanon Valley College
Friday, September 15th
University of Chicago
University of Connecticut
Are you considering attending university in Ireland, Dublin City University and University of Galway will be attending and presenting at this information Session on September 19th. They offer a limited number of scholarships for the Irish Diaspora community through IDEA.
Partnership Press Releases:
- October 15, 2021: DCU – Up to five partial scholarships on offer.
- March 15, 2023: University of Galway with nine partial scholarships on offer.
Vaccination/Physical Exam Updates (State medical requirements)
11th grade physicals - all 11th grade students in the State are required to have a physical completed by their doctor or, if you choose, the school physician. If you choose to have the physical performed by our school physician, please send in or email a request to schedule the exam at school.
12th-grade meningitis vaccine requirement - All 12th-grade students are required to have proof of having had the 2nd meningococcal vaccine. Please send proof of vaccine to the school nurse. If documentation is not provided by November 6th, your student will be excluded from school until such documentation is sent in. The 12th-grade students will be excluded on 9/12/23 if they do not turn in proof of the meningitis vaccine. They have 5 days from the start of school. I see you put 11/6/23 in your email, please change this to September 12th.
Visit the Haverford Athletics Website for Schedules, PIAA eligibility, Family ID, schedules, and coaches' contact information.
Haverford High School