To be eligible to try out for any sport, each student-athlete is required to have a PIAA Comprehensive Initial Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation (CIPPE) form completed. The form must be dated June 1, 2020, or after.
Sections 1-6 and Section 10, must be completed by all athletes. No student-athlete is allowed to tryout for any sport until all appropriate sections have been completed. Please read below to see if you need to turn in Section 7 or Section 8. Please remember that all dates for tryouts are fluid, and we will continue to keep you updated in our weekly Friday email from Mr. Donaghy.
Link to the PIAA CIPPE: http://www.piaa.org/
Section 1- Personal and Emergency Information, completed by parent/guardian
Section 2- Certification of Parent/Guardian, completed by parent/guardian
Section 3- Understanding of Risk of Concussion and Traumatic Brain Injury, completed by parent/guardian and student-athlete
Section 4- Understanding of Sudden Cardiac Arrest Symptoms and Warning Signs, completed by parent/guardian and student-athlete
Section 5- Health History, completed by parent/guardian and student-athlete
Section 6- PIAA Comprehensive Initial Pre-Participation Physical Evaluation and Certification of Authorized Medical Examiner, completed by MD, DO, PAC, CRNP, or SNP
Section 10- 2020-2021 Supplemental Acknowledgment, Waiver and Release: COVID-19, completed by parent/guardian and student-athlete
If you played a fall sport or turned in a physical packet dated October 19 or earlier, you need to complete the following:
Section 7- Re-Certification by Parent/Guardian, completed by parent/guardian and student-athlete
This form must be completed for any student who, subsequent to completion of sections 1-6 of the CIPPE form, required medical treatment from a licensed physician or osteopathic medicine:
Section 8 - Re-Certification by Licensed Physician of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine
Additional Required Forms:
Spectators: Two Parents/
- Every student-athlete will receive
two (2) Central Athletic League passes to give to their parents/guardians. These passes will permit the student-athlete’s parents/guardians to physically attend their child(ren)’s home games. Passes will be distributed to student-athletes by their coaches.
- Every senior student-athlete will receive a similar pass that will allow their parents/guardians to travel to most away contests. Check with your coach to determine which away contests you can travel to as a senior parent/guardian.
- Passes are non-transferable and will not be replaced if lost.
- Student spectators are not permitted to physically attend any athletic or other extracurricular event
- Practices are closed to all community members, including parents/guardians
- Please perform the symptom screening before attending events. Parents/guardians who do not pass the self-screening survey must stay home and not attend the game or activity.
- All spectators must wear masks at all times when attending any indoor or outdoor event, including when entering/exiting venues, during the competition, and whenever walking or moving about.
- All spectators are asked to maintain six feet of social distancing.
Live Streaming of Home Games
We will be live streaming home games for Fall and Winter 2020 on our YouTube channel.
The CENTRAL LEAGUE provides students the opportunity to develop skills in an educational setting. Please give these students your positive encouragement and support. The Central League partners with the PIAA in supporting our Student Athletes through application of all PIAA Rules. Parents are welcome to visit the PIAA website to explore these expectations.