Instrumental and Choral Groups
Why should you continue music in high school?
- You’ll earn an arts credit
- You’ll improve as a musician
- You’ll meet friends with similar interests
Band: Mr. Hart
- Join over 110 students who take part in Band!
- There are two levels: Concert Band and Wind Ensemble
- These groups travel every other year with our Orchestra to perform in locations such as VA Beach and Disney World FL
- All students in Concert Band and Wind Ensemble also take part in Football Marching Band during the Fall. You'll perform with your friends for football games, Haverford Township Day, and the Havertown Memorial Day observance
- Want to challenge yourself and make some really close friends? Join the Competition Marching Band!
- Perform intermediate/advanced jazz literature.
- Improvise as a soloist in a variety of jazz styles.
- Participate in concerts and festivals.
- Demonstrate an understanding of musical concepts through listening, critiquing, and performance.
The Haverford High School Symphony Orchestra
- Is comprised of 100+ members, performing standard orchestral repertoire as well as music from movies, shows, and other genres.
- Is open to all string players, and select Wind Ensemble members.
- Participated in a “Side by Side” rehearsal and performance with the Philadelphia Orchestra.
- Performs each year at Graduation, as well as the annual Kindergarten Concert, and other performances.
Choir: Ms. Hendler
- Grades 9-12
- Open to all levels!
- Grades 10-12
- Performs more advanced repertoire
- Participate in competitions
- Travel every other year (depending on safety in travel)
- Perform throughout the Haverford Community
- Participate in social events led by Choral Council!
More information on the High School Instrumental and Choral Groups here.
- Treble Clef Major: http://www.musictheory.net/exercises/keysig/ba9dyyy
- Treble Clef Minor: http://www.musictheory.net/exercises/keysig/ba9dbyy
- Bass Clef Major: http://www.musictheory.net/exercises/keysig/na9dyyy
- Bass Clef Minor: http://www.musictheory.net/exercises/keysig/na9dbyy
- Alto Clef Major: http://www.musictheory.net/exercises/keysig/ra9dyyy
- Alto Clef Minor: http://www.musictheory.net/exercises/keysig/ra9dbyy