Related Board Policy Documents - PDF
Chatham Park Elementary School Parent Involvement Policy
Chatham Park Elementary recognizes that parental involvement contributes to the achievement of academic standards by students participating in title I programs. Chatham Park Elementary views the education of students as a cooperative effort among the school, parents/guardians and community.
In compliance with federal law, the district, after consultation with parents/guardians of students participating in Title I programs, hereby adopts this parental involvement policy to ensure that district will:
1. Involve parents/guardians in the joint development of the district's overall Title I plan and the process of school review and improvement.
2. Provide the coordination, technical assistance and other support necessary to assist participating schools in planning and implementing effective parental involvement activities to improve student academic achievement and school performance.
3. Develop activities that promote the schools’ and parents’/guardians’ capacity for strong parental involvement.
4. Coordinate and integrate parental involvement strategies with appropriate programs, as provided by law.
5. Involve parents/guardians in an annual evaluation of the content and effectiveness of the policy in improving the academic quality of schools served under Title I.
6. Identify and attempt to overcome barriers to participation by parents/guardians who are economically disadvantaged, are disabled, have limited English proficiency, have limited literacy, or are of any racial or ethnic minority.
7. Use findings of annual evaluations to design strategies for more effective parental involvement.
8. Involve parents/guardians in the activities of schools served under Title I.
Chatham Park Elementary directs that the District shall distribute the parent involvement policy, which shall be incorporated into the District’s Title I plan and shall be evaluated annually, with parental involvement.
The Superintendent or designee shall ensure that the District’s Title I parental involvement policy, plan and programs comply with the requirements of federal law and that the appropriate guidelines are developed and followed in accordance with federal law.
The building principal and/or Title I staff shall provide to parents/guardians of students participating in Title I programs:
1. Explanation of the reasons supporting their child’s selection for the programs.
2. Set of objectives to be addressed.
3. Description of the services to be provided.
The Superintendent of designee shall ensure that information and reports provided to parents/guardians are in an understandable and uniform format and, to the extent practicable, in a language the parents/guardians can understand.