Name: Timothy Foster
Phone: 610-853-5900 ext 2731Link to my webpage: http://mrfosterscience.pbworks.com
Inquiry to the Physical Setting (IPS)
Mr. Timothy Foster firstname.lastname@example.org (610) 853-5900 x2731
“Excellence - Respect – Community”
Excellence is the desire to achieve in all pursuits; Respect is genuine, mutual, and the foundation of a healthy, stable community; Community means working together to achieve common goals…..
During the course we will be learning everything from Newton’s Laws of Motion to the fundamentals of electricity you will be working with your peers to discover first-hand many of the universal principles of physics.
· Be Respectful!
· Being on time to class and remain until dismissed.
· Complete all homework assignments, class work assignments, projects, tests and quizzes ON TIME!
· Take care of your personal space and books, desk, & floor.
· No talking during a test or a quiz.
· Horseplay will never be acceptable behavior, especially in a lab setting.
· NO FOOD OR DRINKS ALLOWED IN SCIENCE CLASSROOM. Gum is NOT allowed.
· Follow Classroom rules and Code of Student Behavior
· Be ready to do your best!
3-Ring Binder: You will use a binder every day in class. Every class assignment will be in this binder.
Calculator: Bring a calculator to class every day.
Pencil: Please use a pencil in this class. (You’ll thank me later)
Grading SystemIf you are absent the work MUST be made up. If the MISSED work is not completed you will receive a zero for that assignment.
Final Grade Calculation: Marking Period Calculation:
1st Marking Period = 40% Tests, Quizzes, Project = 80%
Midterm Exam = 10% Activities, Classwork, etc. = 20%
2nd Marking Period = 40%
Final Exam = 10%TIMELINE(tentative)
Inquiry to the Physical Setting
Week 1: IPS kickoff
Week 2: Energy
Week 3: Graphing
Week 4: Newton’s 1st Law
Week 5: Newton’s 2nd Law
Week 6: Newton’s 3rd Law
Week 7: Newton’s Laws
Week 8: Friction
Week 9: Circular Motion
Week 10: Momentum
Week 11: Waves
Week 12: Sound
Week 13: Electrostatics
Week 14: Electricity-current
Week 15: Electricity- series
Week 16: Electricity- parallel
Week 17: Electricity-Resistance and power
Week 18: Magnetism
Week 19: Electromagnetism