Welcome to the School District of Haverford Township!
Registration for Kindergarten and grades 1 - 12 for the 2024-25 school year opens on Monday, January 8th at 7:00 PM.
Registration for Kindergarten and grades 1 - 12 for the 2023-2024 school year is open. All registrations are completed online.
To register, a new student must be:
- A resident of the School District of Haverford Township (proof of residency is required)
- Five (5) years of age before September 1st of the school term for kindergarten
- Six (6) years of age before September 1st of the school term for 1st grade
If you are registering a kindergarten or 1st grader, within 14 calendar days of completing the online portion of the registration process, you will receive an email from a School District of Haverford Township representative with information about the next steps to complete your child’s registration.
AM/PM Kindergarten assignment letters will only be sent to households for whom the registration process has been completed by April 30th.
Families registering students for grades 2 - 12 for the upcoming school year will be contacted in early April.
Registration is a two-step process. First, parents/guardians must enter their child's information into our student registration system to begin the application:
Instructions for creating an account in the online registration system can be found here.
Once you have submitted your information, you will be contacted by a Haverford representative regarding additional submission requirements.
Required documents to be provided at Registration:
- Proof of birth (e.g., original birth certificate, passport, baptismal certificate)
- Proof of residency (e.g., original deed, settlement statement, mortgage statement, real estate tax bill, lease (in its entirety))
- Immunization record
- Release of Student Records - Please include your child's previous school's email address and/or fax number so we can request their records are transferred directly to the School District.
The order in which the pre-registration submissions are recorded in the online system is only one of the determining factors in assigning students to morning or afternoon kindergarten.
The Commonwealth of Pennsylvania requires medical and dental examinations for children entering school. The District strongly encourages families to have these examinations completed before school by their family physician and dentist as they can best evaluate your child's health and assist you in obtaining necessary treatments and corrections if needed. Forms which can be used to complete these examinations can be found here.
Answers to additional frequently asked questions (FAQs) can be found here.