Safe Arrival FAQ
- Q: What are my Username and Password?
- Q: Why is the app asking for a School ID/Code?
- Q: Do I still need to send a note in?
- Q: Why don't I see Attendance in the menu?
- Q: Why don't I see one of my students?
- Q: What Notifications will I receive?
- Q: Why does PowerSchool still show the absence as unexcused?
- Q: My App used to work, but now i don't see attendance or notifications?
The SchoolMessenger info center app does not require an ID or Code to function. If you are being asked for this, you have clicked on Groups (Haverford is not using the Group functionality) or you have the wrong App. You should have an app icon that looks like this
The App can be downloaded at the following link, depending on your mobile device:
A: Make sure that the email address you used is the one that is used by the School to send you notifications. If you have a new email address that you would like to use, please contact your Student's building secretary to have them update the address we have on file for your student in PowerSchool. This will update SafeArrival overnight and you should see attendance the next day.
If you still do not see Attendance in the menu, make sure that all notifications on the home screen of the SchoolMessenger app have completely loaded before clicking on the menu.
It sounds like you need to perform a refresh of the data in your app.
The steps to perform this refresh are:
1. Open the SchoolMessenger app.
2. Go to the menu in the upper left corner.
3. Choose contacts.
4. Once in contacts, press the refresh button in the upper right hand corner.
5. This screen will still show an error, but when you open the menu from the upper left the second time, you will have access to Attendance. Messages will also be populated with all recent messages you were sent.
6. At this point, your app should be functioning normally again. If not, contact your building secretary to verify that the correct email address is in PowerSchool.