Student Work Permit (Working Papers)

Regulations for Student Hours of Employment:
Ages 14 & 15 (Transferable Working Permit):
* Maximum of 3 hours on a school day (18 hours in a school week)
* Maximum of 8 hours on a non-school day (40 hours in a non-school week)
* May not work after 7pm or before 7am during the school term (may work until 9pm during summer vacation
Ages 16 & 17 (Transferable Working Permit):
* Maximum of 8 hours on any given day (28 hours Monday through Friday plus an additional 8 hours on Saturday and 8 hours on Sunday – maximum 44 hours per week)
* May not work after midnight Sunday through Thursday or before 6am any day (may work until 1am on a night preceding a non-school day)
Where to obtain PA State Working Papers:
If you live within the Haverford Township School District, you may obtain an application on-line or at the Oakmont Administration Office at 50 East Eagle Road, Havertown, PA 19083 between the hours of 8:30-4:15pm, Monday through Friday. (Summer hours, 8:30-3:45pm). For more information, please call (610) 853-5900 ext. 7000.
Instructions for work permit application:
* When a parent/guardian is acquiring working paper without the student present, parent/guardian must sign the APPLICATION which the school district keeps on file for when the student returns with their I.D.
* If parent/guardian accompanies the student, parent/guardian must sign the completed APPLICATION for the student to receive the work permit with a form of identification. The student should bring their Student ID in addition to legal documentation showing the minor's birth date (i.e. birth certificate, driver's license/learner's permit, passport, or baptismal certificate).
Important Notice: Any student hired by the School District of Haverford Township must get a TB (Tuberculosis) test as a requirement for employment.