Chestnutwold Elementary School eMailer
May 30, 2019
Please visit Chestnutwold’s website for more exciting news and information about events both past and present.
Our website has been updated to show the great activities and work being done at Chestnutwold. Take a look using the link below: https://www.haverford.
- Early Dismissal Friday, May 31, 2019 – Teacher in-service meetings
- Students in grade 1 – 5 dismiss at 11:50 AM
- PM Kindergarten reports
- PM Kindergarten dismissal at 11:50 AM
- No AM Kindergarten
- Student “Move Up” Day – Thursday, June 6th
- 8:50 AM to 9:30 AM
- Student in grades K – 4 visit their rising grade level for a sampling of the community that awaits them.
- Students and teachers will gather in classroom meetings to discuss grade level activities, routines, and expectations.
- Fifth grade students escort their younger peers and sit with them through the classroom meeting experience.
- Student placement is done by random selection for this activity.
- Kindergarten visits in the cafeteria on Friday, June 7th
- Kindergarten students will visit the lunchroom to experience the routines associated with eating in the cafeteria. They are growing up.
- Awards Ceremony, Thursday, June 13th,
- 9:30 AM start time in our Gym
- Students in grades three through five are recognized for their participation, contributions, and earned awards.
- Fifth Grade Celebration, Thursday, June 13th
- 1:20 PM start time
- A bitter-sweet (but "all good") celebration to recognize our rising sixth graders. This experience evokes great pride and humility in us all.
- Last day of school for our Kindergarten students is Thursday, June 13th
- There is no school for AM or PM Kindergarten students on Friday, 6/14/19.
- Final Day of School for students in grades 1 – 5 is Friday, June 14th
- Early Dismissal, 11:50 AM for students in grades 1 – 5.
- No School for kindergarten students on Friday, June 14, 2019
- Chestnutwold School Community – A National School of Character!
- This honor is indicative of our values. Moreover, it is evidence for what is possible when diverse groups of people come together in the interest of a common goal.
- Celebrate this accomplishment at home as well. Be proud of the contributions you and our whole school community have made to lift our school to such prominence.
- Chestnutwold is one of only 88 schools named to this distinction.
- Volunteer Appreciation Breakfast
- Chestnutwold is hosting an Appreciation Breakfast for our parent volunteers on Tuesday, June 11th, from 9:00 AM - 10:00 AM.
- Invitations will be sent home by your child’s homeroom teacher.
- We are excited to give back. This is a celebration of you.
- Thank you for all you do to support our school. Chestnutwold is the great school community it is thanks to our collective volunteering and consideration. This is a great place to be each day.
- Parents should RSVP to Miss Christine LaBrasca, at: email@example.com
- Two Chestnutwold students, Joey (G4) and Jiordano (G5), are at the 24 Challenge county competition today.
- They are competing for a chance to participate in the PA tournament held in Hershey.
- Poetry Writing Contestant Winners
- Chestnutwold poets have done it again!
- Nearly 100 Chestnutwold students were selected for publication in the Spring 2019 anthology, “A Celebration of Poets.” It is the most writers Chestnutwold has had selected for publication in one of Creative Communication's twice-yearly competitions.
- This fall, Chestnutwold received a Writing Achievement Award - an honor given to the top 10% of schools - for our outstanding work over the last few years.
- Will we have a sixth poet win a $25 cash prize for having their poem selected in the Top 10? Stay tuned... Winners have not yet been announced.
- You can learn more about Creative Communication at https://www.poeticpower.com
- Library books
- Last day to borrow books from the Chestnutwold library is Friday, May 31st.
- All books are to be returned the week of June 3rd.
- 2018-19 WordMasters © Challenge – Final results
- Chestnutwold's 5th grade was in the top 10! Congratulations!
- Dogs are not permitted on school grounds during arrival or dismissal.
- Spring is here. Children are playing in the streets.
- Please drive carefully around our school.
- Do not block our neighbor’s driveways.
- Do not park in the car line – please park in the basketball court if needed at arrival and/or dismissal.
Aligned to the 11 Principles of Effective Character Education issued by the Character Education Partnership ®, the Character Counts ® program, and findings from multiple sources, our six Chestnutwold Character Kid Traits (ChCK Traits )are: Responsibility, Respect, Empathy, Trustworthiness, Positive attitude, and Integrity.
Chestnutwold, where excellence thrives…
Nationally recognized School of Character
The eMailer content does not always copy onto this web page as originally presented. I regret the formatting issue. Please contact the school office with any questions about the content included in this email. Thank you for your patience.
If you are not receiving this email directly and would like to, please contact the school office by email or phone at (610) 853 – 5900, 8000. It is likely we do not have your correct email in our database.