The mission of the School District of Haverford Township is to educate and to inspire a community of lifelong learners.
The beliefs of the School District of Haverford Township are:
As a result of a consensus building process involving professional staff, School Board, community, parents, business, and industry representatives, the Comprehensive Planning Steering Committee drafted the district mission statement. It was adopted by the School Board of Directors on February 23, 2015, at the monthly board meeting.
- Excellence in education is the shared responsibility of all community members.
- Support and conditions must exist whereby all students can meet the standards set in the areas of academic and technical learning, the arts, and physical development.
- Our school environment must be safe and nurturing.
- Opportunities must exist for students to develop strong personal character including the core virtues of honesty, generosity, responsibility, self-discipline, perseverance, respect for others, compassion, and commitment.
- Change is constant; therefore, our district must reaffirm or revise the Comprehensive Plan.