The School District of Haverford Township is a suburban community encompassing 10 square miles located in southeastern Pennsylvania bordering the city of Philadelphia. There are presently over 49,000 people residing in Haverford Township. Haverford Township Parks and Recreation Department offers many sports for a variety of ages all year round. The township community library is a major literacy center with programs for children, teenagers, and adults. Organizational resources available to the School District of Haverford Township include but are not limited to: Rotary and Optimist Clubs and the Haverford Township School District Educational Foundation. Haverford, which is a member of the Delaware County Chamber of Commerce and the Main Line Chamber of Commerce, maintains partnerships with local universities and colleges, businesses, service organizations, realtors, community groups and senior citizen organizations.
The School District of Haverford Township is comprised of seven schools: one high school, one middle school, and five elementary schools. Approximately 6,519 students attend the School District of Haverford Township's schools. The School District of Haverford Township offers many opportunities for students in academics, art and music, service organizations and athletics.
Haverford Township is a sought-after residential community where multiple generations of families reside.
Haverford at a Glance (brochure) - Quick facts about the School District of Haverford Township
BASIS Information Sheet - Belonging and Sociocultural Identities in Schools
Facility Improvements Information Sheet - Facility Improvements and Budget considerations
* US News and World Report ranked Haverford High School #35 within Pennsylvania and #25 in Philadelphia, PA Metro Area High Schools.
* The School District of Haverford Township placed on the College Board's 10th Annual AP ® District Honor Roll. The District is one of the 373 school districts in the U.S. and Canada to reach this achievement.
* Haverford High School was selected as a "2019 National Banner Unified Champion School" by Special Olympics.
* Chestnutwold Elementary School is a National School of Character
* Lynnewood Elementary School named a Character.org School of Promise
*The Haverford High School HI-Q team is a two time national champion
* 21 National Merit Scholarship semi-finalists, commended scholars and Hispanic recognition scholars in the 2019-20 scholarship program
* Nationally recognized music programs competing at state and nationals levels
* In the 2019 graduating class, 34 student-athletes will be playing 10 sports at 27 colleges and universities
* Over 100 clubs and service groups