The School District of Haverford Township is a suburban community encompassing 10 square miles located in southeastern Pennsylvania bordering the city of Philadelphia. There are presently over 49,000 people residing in Haverford Township. Haverford Township Parks and Recreation Department offers many sports for a variety of ages all year round. The township community library is a major literacy center with programs for children, teenagers, and adults. Organizational resources available to the School District of Haverford Township include but are not limited to: Rotary and Optimist Clubs and the Haverford Township School District Educational Foundation. Haverford, which is a member of the Delaware County Chamber of Commerce and the Main Line Chamber of Commerce, maintains partnerships with local universities and colleges, businesses, service organizations, realtors, community groups and senior citizen organizations.
The School District of Haverford Township is comprised of seven schools: one high school, one middle school, and five elementary schools. Approximately 6,625 students attend the School District of Haverford Township's schools. The School District of Haverford Township offers many opportunities for students in academics, art and music, service organizations and athletics.
Haverford Township is a sought-after residential community where multiple generations of families reside.
District and Student Overview
1 to 1 Chromebook Initiative
100 Clubs and Service groups
47% of students participate in music
20 Instruments studied
27 High School athletic teams
18 National Merit Scholars
27 Advanced Placement Courses
90.6% of faculty hold advanced degrees
94% of students continue their post-secondary education
* The School District of Haverford Township placed on the College Board's 10th Annual AP ® District Honor Roll. We are one of 250 school districts in the U.S. and Canada to reach this achievement.
* The School District of Haverford Township has been honored with the Best Communities for Music Education designation from The NAMM Foundation for its outstanding commitment to music education for the 8th year in a row.
* Haverford High School is ranked 23rd in the state by U.S. News and World Report in its 2022 Best High School rankings.
* Haverford High School was selected as a "2019 National Banner Unified Champion School" by Special Olympics.
* There are Best Buddies chapters at both the Middle School and High School. Students involved in Best Buddies learn to create and foster life-long friendships, develop diverse leadership skills, advocate, motivate, and inspire their community.
* Chestnutwold Elementary School is a National School of Character
* Lynnewood Elementary School named a Character.org School of Promise
*The Haverford High School HI-Q team is a three time national champion
* 18 National Merit Scholarship semi-finalists, commended scholars and recognition scholars in the 2021-22 scholarship program
* Nationally recognized music programs competing at state and nationals levels
* Nationally recognized art programs