- Are a convenient way of providing your student with an absence note
- Are available from the attendance monitor in the main office
- Will be replaced by the homeroom teacher when an absence card is turned in
- Should be shown to ALL classroom teachers after returning to school from an absence
- Personal Illness
- Death in the immediate family
- Observance of a religious holiday
- School sponsored activity/trip
- Out of school suspension
Once a student is marked absent from Advisory, parents/guardians will receive a telephone call in the evening from the attendance office confirming your student's absence. Upon returning to school please make sure your child returns to school with a filled-out absence card, a parent note or a doctors note indicating the reason for absence. This information must be provided to the advisory teacher or attendance office within 3 days of returning to school.
A written explanation for a child's absence is required by the School Code of Pennsylvania. Click here for printable absence excuse card.
In order to qualify for a pre-arranged absence the district form must be completed and submitted ten (10) days prior to the absence. Click here for a copy of the pre-arranged absence.