Exporting / Importing / Creating - Contacts
- Exporting First Class Contacts into Google Contacts
- Log into your First Class mail.
- Select File --> Open Contacts. Highlight all contacts except mail lists.
- Select File --> Export.
- Choose: Export these items: selected contacts. Contacts export format: vCard (.vcf). Select OK.
- Navigate to your Desktop to save the file. There is no need to change the default file name, just make note of it for import.
- Log into Google Drive (email@example.com).
- In your Google Apps (array of squares) select Contacts
- Go to More. Use the drop down menu to select Import. A window will appear which gives you the following directions: Please select a CSV file to upload. Choose the file from your Desktop that you saved in the previous step and Import.
- All your contacts will be imported!
- Export your First Class Contact Database into a Google Group
Log into your First Class mail.
Select File --> Open Contacts. Highlight the Contact Database file.
Select File --> Export.
Choose: Export these items: selected contacts. Contacts export format: vCard (.vcf). Select OK.
Navigate to your Desktop to save the file. There is no need to change the default file name, just make note of it for import.
Open Google Contacts
Select Import Contacts on the left navigation of the contact window
Select the browse button and navigate to your contact Database export. Click Import
On the left navigation of the Contact window you will see a file name "Imported 0/00/00"
Select that imported group. Along the top navigation select: More --> Rename Group
Name the group. The group can now be use when creating Google mail.
- Export your First Class Personal Mail List
Building Mail lists have already been created in Google by the technology department
If you have a personal mail list of contacts you would like to export follow these directions to import that list from First Class to Google Mail.The directions are clear, but slightly more advanced for some users to complete. If you need help please contact your building technology person.
- Create a Google Group eMail List
Open your Google Email.
On the upper left, select Mail --> Contacts
On the left navigation of the Contact window select New Group...
• Name the group, just as you would have a mail list
• Select the newly created group on the left navigation
• Select the +group icon to add members to the group
• Type the names of members you would like to add to the group
• Select add when complete.
• Open a new message, type your group name in the "To:" field