Title I Chestnutwold Elementary School Parent Involvement Plan
The Title I Parent Involvement section of the No Child Left Behind Act
(NCLB) requires each Title I school to develop a written parental involvement
policy that describes the means to carrying out the requirements of Section
1. Parents will be involved in the planning, review and improvement of
the school's Parent Involvement Policy by review at the annual Title I meeting.
2. An annual meeting will be held to inform parents to inform parents of
the school's participation in the Title I program and to explain the
requirements of the program and their right to be involved.
3. Chestnutwold Elementary School will hold parent meetings, including
parent conferences, will be held at different times during the day.
4. Title I funds may be
used to pay reasonable and necessary expenses associated with Chestnutwold
Elementary School’s parent involvement activities.
5. Parents will be involved in the planning, review, and improvement of
the Chestnutwold Elementary School’s Title I program by holding a parent
meeting, conducting calls to parents, through PTO meetings and at back to
6. Chestnutwold Elementary will provide parents of participating children
with timely information about the Title I program by sending a letter, making
phone calls, and holding meetings.
7. Chestnutwold Elementary will provide parents of participating children
with a description and explanation of the curriculum in use at the school, the
forms of academic assessment used to measure student progress, and the
proficiency levels students are expected to meet by presentation at an annual
Title I meeting and at parent conferences.
8. Chestnutwold Elementary will provide assistance to parents in
understanding the State's academic content standards and student achievement
standards, local academic assessments and how to monitor a child's progress and
work with teachers to improve the achievement of their children by presentation
at an annual Title I meeting, working with the teacher at parent conferences.
9. Chestnutwold Elementary will provide, if requested by parents,
opportunities for regular meetings to formulate suggestions and to participate,
as appropriate, in decisions relating to the education of their children, and
respond to any such suggestions as soon as practicably possible.
10. A school-parent compact will be jointly developed with parents and the
compact outlines how parents, the entire school staff and students will share
in the responsibility for improved student achievement. 11. Chestnutwold
Elementary will provide materials and training to help parents to work with
their children to improve their children's achievement, such as literacy
training and using technology, as appropriate, to foster parent involvement.